My Blog

This is my blog. It's old. Interests: live music, simulations and modeling, languages, iPod, social and business networking, systems thinking, history of science, management, BBQ, trivia, good coffee, organizational learning, traveling, personal histories.

Sunday, December 05, 2004

My last 5 CDs

Some time ago, somebody asked me this question: "What are the last 5 CD's you purchased?". Not a hypothetical "what you you be playing at your party right now?" or "what's your favorites CD right now?". By revealing my actual CD purchases, I couldn't try to impress someone by giving a situation-specific, I know the cool secret CDs that no one knows about - type answer.

Unfortunately, I don't buy many CD's now. So here are the last 5 from memory, in reverse order, with more certainty in the last CD and working backwards.

1. Duran Duran, Astronuat. 80's wonder band returns with original members. I read a favorable review. Curiosity was also part of the reason why I got this. The 1st single seemed strong and melodic. I've only had a chance to listen to it through once. Not bad.

2. Judy Wu, Fiction in Disguise. This is a local artist, and a good friend of mine. Really talented songwriter who will be playing at The Vintage Bar this weekend. Rumor has it that I will open a few songs and provide some BGVs. Check out www.judy-wu.com.

3. Los Lonely Boys, Los Lonely Boys. Recommendations for this CD came from two different people. I will now buy any other CD that they recommend. One of the best CDs I've heard all year. Incredible talent, great vocals, great songs...

4. Tears for Fears, Everyobody Loves a Happy Ending. Saw them perform a track on GMA (or some other morning show), and thought "what a nice little Beatle-esque number..."

5. Nelly Furtado, Folklore. I caught a little interview on NPR and thought, "behind the MTV glitz and made-for-teens image, there's a talented artist in there with a nice sound."
|| hcpark, 10:27 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment

Counter
Site Counter