My Blog

This is my blog. It's old. Interests: live music, simulations and modeling, languages, iPod, social and business networking, systems thinking, history of science, management, BBQ, trivia, good coffee, organizational learning, traveling, personal histories.

Thursday, September 01, 2005

friends and neighbors

I went up to the Conroe Office yesterday and saw/heard a few things of note.
  1. While picking up lunch at Jack-in-the-Box, I overheard a young family say "pictures, marriage certificate and birth certificates, that's all we got before we left..."
  2. A sign outside a Luby's: "10% off with Louisiana Driver's Lic".
  3. Flags at half mast.
  4. Sign at Gallery Furniture: "Louisiana Residents, sleep here free".
And this morning, I heard on the radio that Houstonians have set up something across from the Astrodomw as refugees start to arrive from NOLA, with signs: "welcome, friends and neighbors".
|| hcpark, 11:12 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment

Counter
Site Counter