My Blog

This is my blog. It's old. Interests: live music, simulations and modeling, languages, iPod, social and business networking, systems thinking, history of science, management, BBQ, trivia, good coffee, organizational learning, traveling, personal histories.

Thursday, January 25, 2007

new start

I am in Santa Monica, traveling with my family this week.
I exited the Santa Monica Freeway (I-10), and saw what looked like a beggar asking for money. He had a sign. These hand-made signs usually come in one of several flavors.

1. Simple Slogan. Examples: "please help", "Thank you", "God Bless".
2. Story. Example: "Disabled Gulf War I vet, medicare can't help. I have hungry family and a dog. ETc."
3. Combination. Simple slogan in center, with more text filling in edges.

The sign I saw today... I don't know how to interpret. It simply said:
New Start
What does that mean? Maybe he's not begging for anything, but encouraging us to start anew with the new year. Maybe I couldn't see the rest of the sign. Maybe it's a new cult he'd like to start.
|| hcpark, 7:08 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment

Counter
Site Counter