My Blog

This is my blog. It's old. Interests: live music, simulations and modeling, languages, iPod, social and business networking, systems thinking, history of science, management, BBQ, trivia, good coffee, organizational learning, traveling, personal histories.

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

signoff

I work at a company that's very "virtual". We are a real company, but many of our people are not together in a physical office. We have locations in Austin, Boston, New York, London, California, and Houston (at last count, four in Houston, I think). Then we have lots of folks at home offices. Or airports, hotels, bars, anywhere with a good reception and connectivity.

So we end up talking a lot on the phone. I am starting to recognize folks by their voice; at one point, I hope to even meet some of them. Sometimes, the conference calls are quite large, approaching 10 people.

Inadvertently, I've been using a tagline as I hang up: "thanks to all". It's simple, and so far, I haven't heard anyone else using it. I'm hoping that t becomes a signature of sorts.
|| hcpark, 2:47 PM

2 Comments:

I once tried signing off with "Courage" but it did not go over too well.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:00 PM  
What's the frequency, Kenneth?
Blogger hcpark, at 7:32 PM  

Add a comment

Counter
Site Counter