My Blog

This is my blog. It's old. Interests: live music, simulations and modeling, languages, iPod, social and business networking, systems thinking, history of science, management, BBQ, trivia, good coffee, organizational learning, traveling, personal histories.

Sunday, September 21, 2008

charge!

I was in Bakersfield, CA, for a few days last week. The first night, I did not sleep well. The next night, I had a strange dream that makes me wonder what else is floating around in my subconscious that gets pieced together to form such mini-narratives.

I find myself running. Lots of other folks around me all running, more like charging in the same direction. I look down and see that I am taking part in a civil war re-enactment exercises. Not sure how I knew it was only a re-enactment and not the real thing. It reminded me of how Quantum Leap starts.

I like history, but not a die-hard fan of Civil War. I think Glory is one of my favorite movies, and I think it's very interesting that Civil war re-enactors exist.

As I was running, I remember thinking, "what am I doing here?". I also remember being surprised at the length of the rifle I was carrying. (Yes, you amateur psychologists, go ahead.) I see the others start to ready their rifles as we start to line up in formation. I look down and see that I am equipped with the powder and sacs that I guess are used to "ready" my rifle. I recall thinking, "man, I hope I don't knock my eye out by mixing this wrong".

Then I wake up at the SpirngHill Suites, Bakersfield, my Blackberry playing Tune_BachFugueDMinor.
|| hcpark, 7:20 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment

Counter
Site Counter